Friday, February 22, 2013

Gaming Update 8/29/12



Hello all, this is an old blog that I have migrated over to Blogger. Up above you can see my gaming history and favorite games. So here is currently what is going on in my gaming world:


Assassin’s Creed II (PS3)



Seeing all the previews of Assassin’s Creed III makes me want to play this series. Brotherhood was actually the first one I bought (dirt cheap, like $6). I figured I would be better off playing Assassin’s Creed II first though so I bought it fairly cheap as well. So I have been plugging away at it for about 15 hours. I cannot seem to play this game for long stretches though, it doesn’t hold my attention. The combat system seems all about countering for one hit kills, atleast it seems to be the most effective. I will persevere though and complete the game. It may be a while before this game gets complete at the rate I am playing it, lol.

I am at the point in the game where was just shown how to “build” up the city to improve value, so I am guessing it is still pretty early.









Walking Dead, Episode 1-2 (PS3)



I joined Playstation Plus a couple of months ago and then it seem to blow up (free games inFAMOUS 2, LittleBig Planet 2, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine…etc). I tried the demo for Walking Dead Esp. 1 and thought it was interesting. Then it was announced that Episodes 1-2 would be free to PS+ subscribers and I without hesitation downloaded them. I have completed Episode 1 and I did enjoy my time with it, there were some tough decisions to make in it. I am not an adventure game aficionado but I love the TV show.

I plan to start Episode 2 in the next day or so, really looking forward to it. Like a TV show, at the end of Episode 1 there was a sneak peak of Episode 2 and it looked more intense! And Episode 3 was just released yesterday!








Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (PS3)




Another PS+ acquisition, this game reminds me a lot of Gears of War. It’s different in the way that it has melee combos instead of strictly shooting, but it is a very familiar feeling. I do not think it is bad at all, it is mindless fun. I enjoy the executions and donning the jetpack to pounce down on guys. It is not a game I would buy (Gears of War does a better job), but it is solid. I would say it is great for playing in between other games or concurrently (like what I am doing).









Hard Corps: Uprising



 
 
PS+ again! This game is pretty tough from what I have played. I have not gotten very far in it at all. I kind of play it to kill time though. I remember playing Contra: Hard Corps for Sega Genesis (one of my favorite Genesis games BTW) and it’s crazy to me that you are playing as Colonel Bahamut, a villain! It has a cool intro and I find it entertaining. I was used to the one-hit deaths and this game would be exponentially harder if it had them. I can hardly beat the first level of the game! But, like the old Contra games, if you play the level enough times, you know where enemies are coming from and their attack patterns.







Currently Playing Multiplayer
Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Tekken X Street Fighter (PS3)




On the backburner (for now)
 
 
Demon’s Souls (PS3)



It seems as thought I have been playing Demon's Souls for a while now, but I still have not beaten it, lol. It is hard and frustrating at times, but the pay off is great. I think I am up to soul level 60. I plan on going back to it, just not at the moment.




Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)

I bought the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition and completed the main game. I started through Undead Nightmare and it is fun and I like the scarcity of ammo concept. It really makes you think about your shots. I plan on giving this a play now and them. It is fun to mess around on.


Recent Purchases
 
Resistance 3


I enjoyed Resistance 2 alot and played the demo for this one. I wanted it and waited for the price to drop to a reasonable level. At $15, I couldn't hold out any longer.



Darksiders

 
After seeing all the hoopla about Darksiders 2, I became interested in the series and at $15, I figure it will let me get into and ther series. I hear this game is similar to God of War and Legend of Zelda, so I look forward to giving it a shot.



Thank you for taking the time to read this and I will hopefully be getting better at these as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment