Friday, February 22, 2013

Gaming Update 11/12/12



Hello all, thought I would throw up a quick update on what I have been up to. On the personal side, I remain unemployed (*sigh*) at the moment, I am waiting to hear back on an interview that I had a little over a week ago and I did follow up with them already. Interestingly, my former employer called me the day before that interview and would like me to come back and work with them again (yes!) but they will let me know when that time comes. It is contract work (my former employer) basically for those who haven’t read my past blogs, so once that term is up (6-24 months) you are laid off; the pay was excellent though. I am seeking to get off the contract work though, which is what the company I interviewed with is offering, permanent employment.
In the meantime, besides gaming, I have been helping my sister move and working with my parents on their rentals (roofed a whole house in two days), so that has been keeping me busy. The Hawaii trip (last blog) was badly needed and my skin is still peeling. Just taking each day at a time and seeing what/where is next for me.
On the gaming side:

Currently playing

Mass Effect 3

After finally completing Assassin’s Creed II, I went through the backlog and there are some games I have been really looking forward to playing;#1 on that list was Mass Effect 3. Dues Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham City are a couple others. The Mass Effect series is my favorite this generation and when I started up this game, it all came back to me why.

The story and gameplay are so engrossing and I have loved every second I have put into this game so far. And with that I completely intend to include the multiplayer, it’s just as great. I have put more time into the multiplayer and have maxed out two characters so far! I love co-op games and this is basically horde mode for Mass Effect, but I love that you buy boxes which give random loot and more expensive the box, the rarer the loot. Loving this game.





Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3/ Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3)

No surprises here, been playing Modern Warfare 3 (multiplayer) since it’s release; for the first time since I have been buying Call of Duty games ( I started at COD4: Modern Warfare), I did not touch the campaign at all. I just never got around to it, I will though one day. I decided to include Black Ops 2 because I will officially be switching to that
game tomorrow! I was cleaning out my wallet a week or so ago and found that I had an unused $50 gift card, which I will be using for Black Ops 2! I play Call of Duty year round, so those of you that do, feel free to add me.





Left 4 Dead 2 (PC, Steam)

Sucked back into this game! I love Left 4 Dead and the Versus Mode is bliss if you are with a group of people who work together. I started playing this one night, before I knew it, like 4 hours had gone by. Awesome game.





Recent purchases:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3)

Will be using my $50 gift card to pick this up tomorrow! Technically I don’t own it yet, but I did preorder it for the Nuketown 2025 map, so I guess that counts. I will easily pay the $60 for the Call of Duty games because I play them year round and have made many friends in the games. Cannot wait to play the campaign, multiplayer and zombies!




Gamefly PC downloads

Gamefly had an awesome deal on Valve games for PC download. I bought Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal and Portal 2 all for $11! It feels nice to have a PC that can run games well and I have been wanting to play through Half Life 2 and Portal games forever!





That’s all I got for you this time, been trying to write some blogs with free time, it’s funny though, still can’t find the time even though I am unemployed. Cannot wait until Black Friday, really debating buying a new LED TV. I really want to buy Okami HD on PSN, I want to see if it goes on sale in the near future though first, especially since I am a Playstation Plus subscriber. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment