Friday, February 22, 2013

Gaming Update 10/27/13



INTRO

Hello all,
Just thought I would throw together a quick update since I
haven’t in a while. So last time you heard from me, I was getting prepared for
my trip to Hawaii (Kauai to be exact) and it was awesome! The weather over
there was perfect. While over there I scheduled lots of activities to keep busy
and had a great time. This included: kayaking, ride on catamaran, golf,
helicopter, hiking, snorkeling and just hanging out on the beach. I will throw
some pictures below.






Thats me on the catamaran (Above)



As you may also know, I am currently unemployed, but found
hope in that I have an interview next week that I am really looking forward to.
It is for a big company and I heard they tend to work you a lot of hours, which
may affect my gaming life, but one does have to make a living first and
foremost.
On the gaming side of things, here is what I have been up
to:



RECENTLY PLAYING


Assassin’s Creed II

I beat this game finally, and the ending sure is crazy.
Three words describe the ending “what the fuck?”. Exactly my thoughts, because
it seems to come out of nowhere. I am not sure exactly how long it took me to
beat the game, but it did kind of start out slow and picked up as I went. I
would say I enjoyed it. My trophy status stands at 92% and I am considering
just going in and trying for the platinum trophy (it would only be my 4th).
What concerns me about it though is finding all 100 of those feathers, I am
thinking that will take more time that I want to spend; I have like 30 at the
moment.

Now is that tough decision of what game do I want to play
next out of the ridiculous backlog I have. Some choices: Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham
City, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, Dark Souls, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and
too many others (those I listed I am leaning towards though). Any suggestions
would be appreciated.




God of War HD Collection

One of my recent pickups (see below) has inspired me to play
through the God of War games again. I started off with the original God of War
in HD. This game looks great in HD and I
remember why I love this game, everything about it is thought through and
detailed. The story is interesting and the gameplay is right on. I can’t stop
playing it seems sometimes. I upped the difficulty to Spartan (Hard) and there
are some tough parts, but for the most part I haven’t had much trouble, yet. I
am sure that will change on the final boss, he was always very tough for me for
some reason.




Playstation All-Starts Battle Royale

Very quickly, I just wanted to mention I played through the
Beta for this game and give you my thoughts. This game is a lot like Super
Smash Brothers and I have no problem with that at all. I played mainly as
Kratos and colonel Radec. Kratos (to me) seems to have the best moves and I
like how the pulled a lot of his combos from the GOW series. The changing
backgrounds are awesome. After playing the beta, I think this game is fun, I
just don’t know if I would throw down $60 for it. Maybe once the price drops.




RECENT PURCHASES:
God of War: Origins Collection

This is the game that has inspired me to play through the
GOW series again. I bought it as my local Wal-Mart for $8. Will be playing
through this as I run through the entire series.




PSN Halloween sale
House of the Dead pack (HOTD 3, HOTD 4, HOTD: Overkill) -
$15
I have wanted to pick up HOTD: Overkill for a while now
because it is a great game for the Move and I have played it before at my
friend’s house. This deal was great because you get it plus two others!





CONCLUSION
There is my quick update! I plan on buying Call of Duty:
Black Ops II day one by the way, so that will be taking a lot of gaming time
for me in the future. I have a lot of friends I have made on those games and
will happily buy them at full price because I play them for the entire year
they are relevant. Add me on PSN if you want to play that or anything else.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment